Friday, May 22, 2009

How Does Your Garden Grow?

A Day in the Garden

It was our first attempt at a garden this year. We researched a little on the internet, spoke to a few who have gone before us, and then we dove in.....literally.The kids were a bit disappointed when we actually began to plant, because playing in the dirt is "Oh, so much fun." Especially when all the snot under your nostril catches the dirt and suddenly you are channeling Grouch Marx!B loved sitting in the cool dirt and covering himself with it, and I LOVED letting him! If you haven't figured it out yet, I am a bit of a clean freak. So I am always proud when I let those tendencies go and my kids are just dirty ol' kids! BLISS!We planted a few of our favorites and figured we could just go from there, learning as the summer progresses. One tomato plant for the loan tomato lover in the family (MomBE), bell peppers, squash, arugula, and our four most used herbs. (basil, cilantro, greek oregano, and sage) Keep your  green thumbs crossed for us, only time will tell.
I am hoping that as long as we can make watering THIS much fun, we can at least keep it alive?!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm lovin E's stash ;)