Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I wanted to take a moment today to thank the three ladies I refer to as "Mom" in some capacity in my life. 

To my mother in law...... Thank you for giving me the most amazing gift in my life, your son. I hold him high today and everyday in a light that is reserved for the man who makes my life worth living, makes my life more exciting to experience, and keeps my future a promise of happiness. And thank you for the Mimi that you are to B and E. They love you so much, look forward to their time with you, and miss you when you are away. I appreciate the joy you add to their lives.

To my bonus mom, DeeDee. Thank you for taking such great care of my father. He is very fortunate to have you in his life. And thanks so much for the wonderful addition you have been to my life and my children's lives.

And, most importantly, on this day I want to thank the mother who gave me life. Through these last three years of my own journey in motherhood, I have gained a perspective on what it is that you have done and are doing for my sisters and I. From birthing three children, to the day-to-days in toddlerhood, the teenage years with girls (gulp), the empty nest, mother in law, and now the present role of Nonni. You are a great mother and an amazing Nonni. I love to hear the laughter from your lips and see the peace the adoration you have for B and E brings you. Thank you for all that you do to help keep this family afloat and for genuinely loving the time you have with my babies.
We LOVE you!




1 comment:

Your oldest sis! said...

Honey, you are so amazing and what a tribute to your mom's. You deserve an amazing Mother's day cuz you truly are an incredible mom honey. I love you with all my heart and miss you.