Thursday, February 4, 2010

Unexplainable ACHE

My sweet boy is sick, for the second time in his short life he has the pukes. This picture was the first time. It was days before E was born. Having B sick hurts my heart today just as much as it did when he was 15 months old. I am sure it will hurt just the same when he is 15 and sick. The helpless feeling a mommy has when her child is ill is an unexplainable ache that truly can only be understood by other mommies. He seems to be on the uphill swing today, which makes me very happy. He is getting better and back to normal.
I have to say that this past few days has reminded me of my blessings. I can't imagine how a mommy with a baby with an uncertain future due to illness even functions? My baby is better today, and some babies don't get better. I am truly blessed, and I do not take that for granted.

1 comment:

M.O.T.B said...

I meant to comment I think Ben is so cute in this picture!!! Awww, still a baby!