Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Life



















I was so excited to show B and E the new life in our garden over the weekend. So far, we have munched on the cilantro in a wonderful bean salad (recipe from MckMama) made a basil pesto for pasta and pizza, and MomBE has noshed on a few spicy arugula salads. This is a learning experience for everyone in the family. I am thrilled that we have been able to keep all that we planted alive and so excited that we have tasted a bit of it already. But all that happiness does not compare to now having the knowledge that my three year old will begin to understand that we do not, in fact, get sandwiches and pretzels from our garden.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm pesto sounds AMAZING right now! My basil is blooming too so I gotta get it used up! Yummmmmmm