Friday, June 12, 2009


10 years ago
my hair was longer and you still had side burns
my tummy was smooth and pretty darn flat and you,well, who are we kidding.... your body looks better than it did then
we called each other 'baby'
I was a teacher and you were a businessman
neither of us knew if we ever wanted to live in Missouri again
a great night involved hanging at a local bar or having a great dinner at a fancy restaurant
Our amazing collection of music ranged from Bare Naked Ladies and Sarah Mac to John Denver
we lived in a 600 square foot apartment and most of the time had plenty of space
I felt full-filled and wondered at times what else do we need in life to be any happier?

10 years ago I looked to my uncertain future with a smile and acceptance of what may come
10 years have gone
I am growing out my hair and you have probably pulled a bit more of yours out
My tummy has a pooch and stretch marks and you have a six pack
we are often Mommy and Dad-O even when speaking to each other...alone
You are the educator and I stay home
We live in Missouri proudly surrounded by family
a great night is "The Best Dinner...EVER" and jumping on pillows and dress-up clothes
Our music collection now includes veggietales, disney, and kindermusik
Our home is 1400 square feet and we are constantly stepping on toys
AND
I still feel full-filled and wonder at times what else do we need in life to be any happier?


You are my rock,
I love you MORE today than the day I said in front of all our friends and family that I would always be your wife.
You are my best friend, my provider, my love
Happy Anniversary 'Baby'
10 Years!!!



Not to EVER forget this guy.....
On our special day, one more celebration is in order.
The day this man came into the world

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POPPY!
WE LOVE YOU!!!




2 comments:

T. Hart said...

Happy Anniversary to the two of you!

M.O.T.B said...

Okay, I am figuring this out, but how to get rid of white box??