Wednesday, October 28, 2009

HaLloWeEn PaRtY #1

One thing I have come to understand this Halloween is why parents always seem to be scrambling around at the last minute to find costumes. My kids have changed their minds too many times to count in reference to what they want to become for one lone night on All Hollows Eve. So I let them narrow to two choices and if they said "I want to be a so and so" then my response would be, "No, you can be a this, or a that" giving them a choice and the power they wanted. It has seemed to work so far................
We started the decision process with a catalog, and B quickly decided that he wanted to be Spiderman, and E, Spidergirl. I thought, "Wow, that was easy enough!" and I ordered the costumes straight away. A few days and fifty dollars later, they changed their minds!!!! E had settled in to a 'nice, mean witch' and B, a conductor. Both costumes I figured I could spent very little and give them option #2. So, for the first of many Halloween parties, E chose to be the 'nice, mean witch'
I know, I know! It DOES NOT get any cuter! Unless of course you get the chance to witness the attitude to boot!

After some reminding of the days to come, and some quality time with MomBE and Dad-O, B happily sat out of this party, knowing full well that he is the star of his school party on Friday. But the star of Halloween Party number one was OBVIOUS!
I wonder if we will be joined on Friday by a handsome conductor or the best Spiderman ever?

1 comment:

M.O.T.B said...

How fun! Happy Halloween!