Sunday, February 6, 2011

A new meaning of Girls Night Out


I am not interested in the Super Bowl.
I had to ask my husband who was playing this morning.
And I can watch the commercials on YouTube tomorrow.


So tonight, while half the world was watching and screaming at the television
 and eating way more than their share of a turkey day dinner..
I sat at my daughter's vanity and let her "braid" my hair, 
then I returned the favor.
We painted nails and played strawberry shortcake.
We ate an entirely pink meal and had pink m&m's for dessert.
She discovered that she could spell her name using only four of them
{a trick I am sure will come in handy some day}
and exchanged "you're my girl"
"no, you're MY girl"
too many times to count.

And while she sits beside me sharing my favorite blanket
 watching and singing to strawberry shortcake
I know without a doubt
There is NOWHERE else I would rather be....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a perfectly magical night!

Unknown said...

This is sooo sweet. Something I will miss out on with a boy. Glad you girls had fun and impressed that she can braid. Looking cute.